Issue 106 - How to Find Your First Paying Freelance Client
- How to send free product specific 'back in stock' emails in Shopify
We've all seen them. Those productpages where you can sign up to stay notified when a product comes back in stock. It always looks super fancy and you might be wondering how they did that. Of course there are a ton of "out of stock" apps that will fix this for you, but you will have to pay for them as well. Today we will check out a easy and free way with apps that are 100% build by Shopify.
- Ruby on Rails — Rails 7.1 Beta 1: Dockerfiles, BYO Authentication, More Async Queries, and more!
Rails World is fast approaching and we’re gearing up to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Rails in style with the first beta release of Rails 7.1! There has been over five thousand commits made by over 800 contributors since Rails 7.0, so this release is packed with new features and improvements.
- Locksmith - Flexible access control for Shopify stores
Locksmith lets you control access to products and pages in your Online Store channel, flexibly and creatively. Add "locks" to any piece of content, to restrict access and even hide it from view. Add "keys" to those locks, with conditions on who is allowed to use each one.
- Shopify Checkout UI Extensions | Crash Course | Tutorial
We will create a Shopify Checkout UI Extension from start to finish and deploy it on fly.io
- Shopify Scripts to Functions Migration Guide
At first glance, it looks like the only way to use Functions is inside of a full blown Shopify app. The thought of letting a client know that they’ll have to purchase hosting for an app and pay a monthly fee just to replace functionality they currently get for free with Scripts rubs me the wrong way. Luckily, we can use an extension-only app to avoid having to create a proper app
- Build seamless in-admin app experiences with admin action extensions (2023)
We’re excited to announce that admin action extensions are now generally available and can be deployed as part of your app. Admin action extensions enable apps to create transactional workflows that appear as modals on Orders, Products, and Customers pages of the Shopify admin.
- awesome-vscode | 🎨 A curated list of delightful VS Code packages and resources.
A curated list of delightful VS Code packages and resources.
- Episode 006 - Guest Harshdeep Hura on Going from Coding on Paper to Building Apps
Karl and Taylor chat with Harshdeep Singh Hura, Lead App Developer at Theory Digital, open-source author of several Shopify app starter templates and helpful Shopify-specific tools, and now a course creator with his new course How to Create Shopify Apps.
- How to Find Your First Paying Freelance Client
How to transition from learning to code, to getting paid as a developer.
Coding with Jan